I Know We Go Over This All The Time, But...

I know we all go over this all of the time, but I was just curious as to whether or not this would fit my '92: 215/50 R17; just to get a clear verification

I plan on installing 00-06 IS wheels on my '92 cos they look really nice, and I was wondergin if A) anyone's ever tried it and worked, and B ) Whether or not I would have any problems having them on the car.

Thank you!

A lot of wheels/tires will fit on these vehicles, you just need to have the right offset and tire profile. I'm rollin' on 18"s with 235 wide tires, and they fit with no problems nor issues at all.

You're going to have to do a little checking on the IS300 wheels. The 17" in those years come in a 7" width and 7.5" width. I'm guessing they are like these, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=250113087503 ...if so, then they have a +50 offset, which is high for the ES300. I think the factory ES wheel in your year is a +38 offset. I've seen fitment guides that allow down to a +35, and as high as a +45, but no higher. With the IS factory wheel being a +50, you're probably going to rub. Here's a calculator to help you figure out the fitment. http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp If you have the 7" wide IS wheels, then you are going to be 12mm closer to your strut housing. If you have the 7.5" wheels, then you are going to be 18mm closer. There isn't much clearance back there to start with. I know others have done it, so you'll have to wait and see if they chime in regarding the change out.

Sounds like the tires should fit fine, though...

I have a 92 also. Remember the 92 have less clearance than the later models so take anyone recommendation in mind. I run 205/60-16 on 16 X 7.5 wheels with a +40 offset. They fit with a few mm to spare. I need full suspension travel so I wont go to 215's. some narrower 215's might work fine but make sure the section width isn't too big. The handling improved dramatically so replacing your wheels is a good idea. Tirerack warns against anything wider than 205. This might have changed as I've had my wheels forever