Gs430 Navi Not Playing Dvds...someone Help...

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME INFO ON HOW TO GET MY DVD TO WORK ..HAD A DVD IN IT AND ONLY THE SOUND CAME ON FOR ONLY 10 SECONDS AND SHUT OFF... ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT....

Here's what I am guessing is your situation.

By DVDs I assume you mean video DVDs (as opposed to DVD-A(udio) discs). You can only watch them while the parking break is engaged and the car is in Park. You can listen to them by first popping the disc in while parked and wait for the DVD menu to appear. Select "Play" (or whatever the menu choice is to start watching the movie. Once you start moving, the screen will go blank, but you can still listen to the movie (which is actually pretty neat, since surround sound discs sound amazing -- I have one of the Star Wars movies in to show off the sound system).

What is probably happening for you is if you pop the DVD-movie in without being in park, the DVD will load and you will hear only the audio background to the DVD movie menu. Unfortunately, there is no way to start the movie (so you can just hear it), without being in park, since you need to access the DVD menu with the touch screen.

There is a modification that involves some wire cutting and dashboard removal that will allow you full access to the DVD screen while in motion (see first Sticky Post here). I haven't gotten brave enough to try that, but I am very tempted....

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME INFO ON HOW TO GET MY DVD TO WORK ..HAD A DVD IN IT AND ONLY THE SOUND CAME ON FOR ONLY 10 SECONDS AND SHUT OFF... ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT....

Press the parking brake.... And then try playing again... did the same thing when I first tried using it.

Mine has no sound either when trying to play a DVD while in motion (didn't try when stopped though..). I had posted in the bypass thread my occurrence a few weeks ago. I had that working again but alas it is again broken.

I will try pressing the parking brake next time I go for a ride.

I wonder how many other people are having sound issues now. Maybe it's a symptom of a problem with the way we all modified our cars' wiring.

I remember reading that some people were cutting wires differently than others...

Mine has no sound either when trying to play a DVD while in motion (didn't try when stopped though..). I had posted in the bypass thread my occurrence a few weeks ago. I had that working again but alas it is again broken.

I will try pressing the parking brake next time I go for a ride.

I wonder how many other people are having sound issues now. Maybe it's a symptom of a problem with the way we all modified our cars' wiring.

I remember reading that some people were cutting wires differently than others...

Let me clarify... to watch the dvd, needless to say, you need to be stationary with the parking brake on. If the parking brake is not on, you will only get the sound and no picture. I, like everyone else , trying to find a bypass without cutting wires. My understanding is that the 06 GS had a "manual" override without cutting wires by entering a sequence of "codes". The 07GS has a different navigational system (v6.1).

I just picked up 07gs350 a couple of weeks ago. Trying to determine whether I wait (monitor the boards) or take it in to have the bypass done.

• 1 month later...

Let me clarify

I have the DVD bypass installed, which involved cutting wires.

At first it worked ok but recently it does not play the sound on the dvd, I only get video.

I'm off to post in the bypass thread to see if anyone else has the problem and hopefully find a fix for it.