97 Es300 Stills Runs Rough After Tune Up

Hi All

i wonder if someone can help me with my 97 ES300. I just had it tuned up cuz it was running rough esp when climbing a hill and the gas pedal pushed down to maintain speed. I would feel it buck a bit like it was missing. I figured it just needed a good tune up so i had someone change the pugs and wires, air filer, gas filter etc. It still does it... not as much but it is still there. I can feel it even at slow speeds <35mph Not so much on the highway.

any ideas.

Thanks

Paul

You could have an igniter coil that's giving you problems, but your check engine light should be popping on for that. Although, I'm not sure how 'smart' the OBDI ECU is. I'm pretty sure pre-1998 models are OBDI's. I don't know how to check coil ignitors, but your symptoms point at a misfire.

It could also be from something else in the engine control like a leaky injector, a crack in your ducting, and others. It's hard to know for sure, and hard to say which components are good and which aren't.