Been Havin Fun With My New Lexy

landar

Took my 98 LS400 on my first road trip this weekend to see Mom on Mother's day. She absolutely loved my Lexus and wanted me to give it to her for a Mothers day gift!. Now, I love my mom but.......woman, thou knowest not what thou asketh for! :rolleyes:

Oh and the look on my friends faces when they check her out....priceless. Most of them dont even know what kind of car this is, just some fancy-schmancy "fur'in" car. But they are impressed, at least many are. Some relatives work at GM. They just want to bash it with lead pipes.

The best, and funniest ones are when they learn of the quality and price for a used Lexus. For instance, one friend just bought a 2002 Impala with 72k miles for $10k. He just about soiled his drawers when he found out he could have had a nice used LS400 for just a little more!

I am coming to the conclusion that a Lexus is just about the cheapest...er.. least expensive car you could own. While many people buy "thow-aways", I am realizing that the Lexus is one you can truly enjoy for many, many years and still look and drive like new. It has got to be one of the best kept secrets.

BTW, got 27mpg on the highway at 70mph, running premium(93 octane). I reached for the regular unleaded handle but my arm started to shake uncontrollably. No problem when I grabbed the ultimate :whistles:

Regards,

Lan