Help! Front End Issues From Hydraulics

HYPHY_CHICK

I bought a 90 LS400 a while back off my bros friend and I need to know what exactly has to be replaced when they say "THE FRONT END" lol. I'm new to this and not quite sure what parts it consists of. Can someone plz let me know which parts are involved with the front end (e.g. control arms-upper-lower, etc). This guy had HYDRAULICS on it and bottomed it out to damn much and when I drive, it feels loose as if my tires are loose & whenever i drive over speed bump or ditch, the front bumper hits hard + my brakes can bearly stop when I just got those replaced.

I got the car for $3k and I love it so much. He installed a brand new motor that had no issues nor probs with 15k miles. It runs beautiful (except for the front end issue now) + the fact that it has chopped springs but Im going to replace them with some tanabe's. Has 2 touch screen monitors, rear view mirror monitor, headrest monitors and a empty custom sub box (which I replaced with my kick !Removed! P2 fosgates & box). $500 to replace whole front end (my brothers price from work, but I cant get a straight answer from him on which parts) and installation is costing me $169. so is that good?

if some1 could help me with this that would be awesome.

thanks ppl-----HYPHY_CHICK

7251100493ee050119c0db5724578f88.th.jpg

I would go for it. For an 90 LS that u paid 3K for, that's definitely worth putting $669 into. Where could you go wrong, especially with all the monitors and such? If it's in great shape, why not go the extra mile at $669 and get yourself loving your LS400. Got any pics of the car (inside/outside)? Would love to see them.

I have a 91 (also a 1st Generation LS400) and I love her. Everyday at lunchtime and sometimes in between, I'm dusting her off (her name's Jezabel), cleaning the 18" chrome rims and just starting her up for 5 minutes or so. I love the way she purrs!!! and by the looks of everyone else, they love her too!. I always get complemented on her. I'll post a pic later on, around 3:30 or so. Nothing special against anyone elses' LS, but against the average car on the street, it seems special!

By the way, welcome to the FORUM....and any help I could provide, let me know!

Cool purchase!

Sounds as if you need to replace the upper and lower control arm bushings Dazien sells them , also with the hydraulics on it before I would check out the motor mounts and transmission mounts as well. You are pretty much on the right track by changing the front shocks and rear struts and adding some lowering springs. Since you are going that route why not check out the traction (torsion) bars to see if they are not bent or tweeked out. Pretty much every front end item related to the suspension should be inspected a changed if damaged or wearing out.

Tommy K

Fresno Ca