Remote Fob Keyring Hole Broken

I searched the forum but could not find anyone else having the same problem. The keyring hole of the remote fob of my 99 Lexus ES300 broke so that I could not attach it to my keyring with the master key. I know it's only a matter of time before I lose this remote fob.

So I went on eBay and found one with the same FCC number. Problem is the "new" one I got is also on the verge of breaking its keyring hole! It seems the actual keyring that came with the original fob had very sharp end-points. So over time, it wears out the cheap brittle plastic of the (expensive original) remote fob.

Question: Has anyone done a do-it-yourself fix to "recreate" the keyring hole? I thought about opening the fob and super-gluing a thin stainless steel ring, but then the the fob plastic case will not close tight. I'm out of ideas. How I can salvage my old remote fob? Is there a replacement plastic case kit for the remote fob?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

I searched the forum but could not find anyone else having the same problem. The keyring hole of the remote fob of my 99 Lexus ES300 broke so that I could not attach it to my keyring with the master key. I know it's only a matter of time before I lose this remote fob.

So I went on eBay and found one with the same FCC number. Problem is the "new" one I got is also on the verge of breaking its keyring hole! It seems the actual keyring that came with the original fob had very sharp end-points. So over time, it wears out the cheap brittle plastic of the (expensive original) remote fob.

Question: Has anyone done a do-it-yourself fix to "recreate" the keyring hole? I thought about opening the fob and super-gluing a thin stainless steel ring, but then the the fob plastic case will not close tight. I'm out of ideas. How I can salvage my old remote fob? Is there a replacement plastic case kit for the remote fob?

Thanks in advance!

Ebay has loads of em just get in there and bid ucan buy a replacement uncut key or just the plastic cover

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem with the remote fob for my 97 ES300. I just drilled a small hole on the corner of the case and put a small key ring there. Serves my purpose.