Engine Flush = To/cel?

My husband used oil engine flush, Mag 1 Motor Flush, and the next evening the Trac On and Check Engine Lights came on. We had the codes read at Autozone, (2) P0171 system too lean & P0330 KNOC sensor codes. Is there any corelation between the two events? Would the Motorflush cause the sensors to go bad or loosen sludge that contaminated the sensors? Can the sensors be cleaned?

PS: We have the FSM's but still cannot easily find the Bank 1 Sensor 1, any tips on locating and reaching this sensor?

Thank you for your help. :)

We did not get a reply yet, but wanted to update our own journey through this problem. Here's the scoop:

On 4/30 our CEL/Trac Off lights came on, this happened at 125,700 miles. We also noticed at the same time, the car will not always shift beyond 4th gear, thus it RPM's too high. We had the codes read at Autozone and got: (2) P0171 system too lean & P0330 KNOC sensor codes.

The following weekend, my husband changed the tranny fluid, cleaned sensor behind CAT, front A/F sensor, & MAF, blew out air intake, checked air filter. He then had the codes reset and reread: (2) P0330 & (2) P1153. In those manuals posted as a sticky on this forum, there is a WEALTH of info about all these codes and we found out they don't always mean JUST the sensors. Plus, as Autozone pointed out, what are the chances ALL 3 sensors would go bad all at once?? Many of these codes point to fuel injectors as well, so husband put a bottle of CHEM 12 & 93 Octane in and we are running it to near empty.

I ran the car yesterday until the lights came on again and got only one code, ONLY ONE! YIPPEE! (1) P0330 Knock Sensor...when the CEL/TO lights come on, the car will not shift beyond 4th. The manuals explain this whole process and there is a reason for it.

We also found it interesting that Consumer Reports rates these cars unbelievably well, but that the most common complaints are engine sludge (from not changing the oil often enough) and the Oxygen Sensor. The tranny will ultimately fail if one runs the car continuously with this sludge or keeps running the car with a failed sensor, and makes the car RPM high. This put me over my fear of all the posts of tranny failure. ---- At this point, I am pretty confidant that we will get over this hump. At present, until husband can look at it again and replace this sensor, we just take the surface streets and don't pull the car much above 40mph and she runs fine. I figure, right now she is basically sick and needs some TLC, so I don't mind.

I hope this helps someone, somewhere and will repost when we get it 100% resolved. This board has been a wealth of information and I hope we can give back this way. :)