Factory Cd Player

Lexuses71

Yesterday, my CD/Radio unit did a very strange thing. Maybe one of you are familiar with this, I've never seen it happen since I've owned the car.

First, I have a '98 LS400, has the CD player in the upper glove box. Panasonic bullt unit, I'm told....I should also mention I have the factory GPS touch screen unit.

I was playing a CD. All of a sudden, I get this "bleedoover" of AM radio. My hands were on the wheel, so I ahdn;t touched anything. So, I had 2 sources coming out the soeakers at one. The AM broadcast and the CD I was playing.

Had to live with it, I was on the freeway.

Once I got off, I pulled over, tried pushing the CD button on bottom of unit.

Nothing. Tried it SEVERAL times. Nada. It was like-for that moment-I had no CD player. FM worked fine....

Then I shut the engine off, sat a couple of minutes, turned the ignition back on. Problem gone. Cd, Am, FM, Tape, all worked fine at that point.

Now, what the hell caused THIS? Did the electronics just "BURP", or whatnot? And, oiis this s sign of something getting ready to go South?

Any ideas, I'd sure appreciate hearing. This really baffled me. First time anything electrical has "done it's own thing".