I Have Some Questions Reguarding My Es300

I have a 97 es300 that I purchased about 3 months ago. Its a quick little car, but it seems to me that it is lagging a bit on the speed. Ive raced a friend of mine who has a 2004 malibu which is a damn heavy car and got smoked. Maybe its just me, but I dont find this possible. Also I would like to know how to tell if I have a sludge problem, and if i can do so just by getting an oil change. I would like to know if I can fit 19 inch wheels on this car, and with what tire size? If anyone has a picture they can link me to of a 3rd gen with 19s that would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, One more question, can the factory subwoofer be changed, I seem to have a bit of distortion at some times and would like to get a lil more bang for the buck. Also I would like to know if the tail lights, headlights, corners and fog lights can be changed to that of a 2001 to get rid of the oranges and such????

This is quite a bit of stuff to ask in one post, but I have lots of questions

Thanks so much

Chris

Think about how old your car is. Then, think about how much milage you have. What were the racing conditions (i.e. rolling start, stopped start, ect.)?

I really don't tink that Malibu's are heavy becuase they don't have some of the stuff that your car does. Things like the sunroof, sunroof motor, power seats, just a bunch of stuff that weighs your car down. I raced an Integra GSR with turbo and won. Apparently, the guy didn't know how to drive it. There's just alot of factors that come into play.

dead stop, I think if we had a rolling start I would have been closer, but I do sometimes forget that the malibu was a 3.8 liter if Im not mistaking, and its real torquey off the line. But who knows, do you have any advice towards the other stuff in my post????

no, unfortunately not. I don't have any subs in my car, and I have trouble as it is with 17's on my '92 with 215/50 R17. The sludge problem is prevalent in that year model from what I can tell. You can search in the forums. You'll get LOTS of information. I did, and now, I know more about cars than ever! (I'm a bike kinda person, but I love Lexus [fav. brand of car]). Oh yeah, your car is definitely more powerful...dunno why you would lose.

I have a 97 es300 that I purchased about 3 months ago. Its a quick little car, but it seems to me that it is lagging a bit on the speed. Ive raced a friend of mine who has a 2004 malibu which is a damn heavy car and got smoked. Maybe its just me, but I dont find this possible. Also I would like to know how to tell if I have a sludge problem, and if i can do so just by getting an oil change. I would like to know if I can fit 19 inch wheels on this car, and with what tire size? If anyone has a picture they can link me to of a 3rd gen with 19s that would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, One more question, can the factory subwoofer be changed, I seem to have a bit of distortion at some times and would like to get a lil more bang for the buck. Also I would like to know if the tail lights, headlights, corners and fog lights can be changed to that of a 2001 to get rid of the oranges and such????

This is quite a bit of stuff to ask in one post, but I have lots of questions

Thanks so much

Chris

dead stop, I think if we had a rolling start I would have been closer, but I do sometimes forget that the malibu was a 3.8 liter if Im not mistaking, and its real torquey off the line. But who knows, do you have any advice towards the other stuff in my post????

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 7.8 15.9 (est)

1997 Lexus ES 300 8.0 16.1

FYI his "heavy !Removed! car" has a slightly lower curb weight than your ES does.