Pricing On 2008 Rx 350 - Help

IndyMH

I am seriously looking at purchasing a 2008 RX 350 AWD with the Premium Plus Package for my wife. We live in the Indianapolis area and have only one local dealer. After visiting that dealer Saturday I came away with the impression that there is very little discounting on this model. The manager told me the invoice on the vehicle was 38,200 and through internet searching I am coming up with more like 36,500 being closer to invoice. They made an offer on the vehicle to sell at $39,500. The window sticker was $41,746.00 with 715 for delivery. This particular RX 350 also has the towing prep package ($160 option) which we will never use. We both really like the RX 350 and I would like to get this for her however like most I would like to get a fair price. Am I out of my mind thinking that I should be able to purchase this SUV for $37,500 or less and that would be a win/win for both the dealer and us?

I really do not have a problem in buying from a dealer in any adjoining state to Indiana if anyone knows a dealer that might be willing to offer a better price.

Thanks