Wanna Paint The Interior O_0

So the interior of my 96 es300 is like beige or tan or whatever that color is. It looks alright, but I really prefer black. Black is just so....sexy. :ph34r:

Is there a spraypaint made for the dashboard and trim and stuff like that, that will be kinda glossy? Is this even a good idea? I want to eventually get the carpet replaced with black/charcoal carpet. And maybe even replace the seats. :o Any suggestions?

So the interior of my 96 es300 is like beige or tan or whatever that color is. It looks alright, but I really prefer black. Black is just so....sexy. :ph34r:

Is there a spraypaint made for the dashboard and trim and stuff like that, that will be kinda glossy? Is this even a good idea? I want to eventually get the carpet replaced with black/charcoal carpet. And maybe even replace the seats. :o Any suggestions?

Vinyl Dye would do what you are looking to do.

I've not used the brand I linked, but you can use this dye to dye plastics and vinyle any color you want if you are skilled with mixing colors. I use it to customer color plastic pieces for computers such as CD trays and the like. Unlike paints, this stuff STAINS the materials so the surface is still the same texture as before and usually won't flake off.

I will warn you STRONGLY to remove the dash if you are capable before you even !Removed! THINK of doing a dye on your interior. The chance of dying your seats, carpet, and pillars is a terrible chance to take.

You were warned, but good luck! :cheers:

i do interior dyeing at seven chicago lexus dealerships and would not advise you to do it. keep the factory finish you could open a can of worms.its possible to do.but what happens when you start showing wear etc. you would be wasting time and money.

leave it alone. buy your next one with black...www.leatherdyeing.com