Rx400h Dvd Playback Through Ml System Speakers

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I tried searching for this info but didn't find something that would work on my car. Here's the problem: On my Rx400h my DVD player happily plays my MP3 CDs and I can listen to them on the wireless headsets. How can I listen to DVD output on the main ML system through the car speakers??

I saw other threads outside the Rx saying that somehow the ML uit would recognise AUX sources etc but so far I have totally failed to get this to work.

Help!!!! :wacko:

Hello.

Yeah, we had the same issue and ultimately had to ask the dealer.

The drill...it is not documented to my knowledge.

put the DVD into the rear player.

Go to the Audio screen on the front dash, and then press the DISK "bar", it appears to be dual-function depending upon which end of the bar you press - below the screen on the right.

If you are in PARK, the image appears front and rear - the audio plays on the overall car system regardless. Once you leave PARK the video is the rear only.

regards,

patrick

Well, I am working from memory as it is not my primary ride, it is my wife's.

Ours is a 2007 with the Levinson system, FYI.

It is just to the right of the LCD screen for the CD player, and there are two of these - one above the other.

That's the best I can do.

patrick

post-40007-1177351437_thumb.jpg

lol it shouldnt say disc. It should say RDS and Type or something like that. Im working from memory too. That is for the radio data system thing where it searches for music under a certain genre

i think you need to get into the nav screen to access the audio to play the DVDs

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I tried searching for this info but didn't find something that would work on my car. Here's the problem: On my Rx400h my DVD player happily plays my MP3 CDs and I can listen to them on the wireless headsets. How can I listen to DVD output on the main ML system through the car speakers??

I saw other threads outside the Rx saying that somehow the ML uit would recognise AUX sources etc but so far I have totally failed to get this to work.

Help!!!! :wacko:

What year is your RX400?

Hi my Rx400h is a 2006 model yaer purchased Dec '05

The dash doesn't have the same button names as yours

On one side I have AST + Eject and below that >Disc >Track

On the other side I have Load + PTY and below that AF and TA

I don't know how to get an "Audio" screen on my Sat Nav screen?

Thanks

Hi my Rx400h is a 2006 model yaer purchased Dec '05

The dash doesn't have the same button names as yours

On one side I have AST + Eject and below that >Disc >Track

On the other side I have Load + PTY and below that AF and TA

I don't know how to get an "Audio" screen on my Sat Nav screen?

Thanks

This is interesting ,my 06 400 has the res. I cannot play an mp3 dvd inserted in the rear player.

What format is on the dvd to play mp3's?

I burned mine as an iso dvd.

It's not a ML system, but I don't think that is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to know too. I can't get mp3's to play on my 2006 and it is fully loaded with everything. I've tried the front, the back, the sides (just kidding) and it will play nowhere.

I don't think we will ever know, or it really did work at all.

Once in a while a new member will drop a post just to see what discussion it starts.