May Purchase A 2002 Rx300....

GGreg

After researching the tranny problems on the RX300's, I am a bit skeptical. I have already driven a couple RX300's both were 99 models. They drove fine but after reading about tranny problems on them, I may go after a newer one like 01 or 02 model. Any severe problems with those?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

After researching the tranny problems on the RX300's, I am a bit skeptical. I have already driven a couple RX300's both were 99 models. They drove fine but after reading about tranny problems on them, I may go after a newer one like 01 or 02 model. Any severe problems with those?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

IMHO thats a smart move. I personally own a 00 but I don't recall many (if any) recurring problems, major or minor with the 01-03 RX's being reported on this board. I believe both the sludging issue and the premature trans failure issues were resolved in the 01 model year.

I'd certainly encourage you to search and read through the forum archives here, theres a lot of great and detailed info in there. Posts like yours are quite common so its unlikely you'll get a lot of really detailed answers from this post, but the archive has a ton of info on the differences between the 99-00's and the 01-03s.