Recent Electrical Problems

Something strange is happening recently.

First, the driver's seat heater went kaput (light comes ON, no heat though, passenger side OK). Then, the passenger seat heater started overheating, and eventually quit as well (light comes on, no heat!).

Then, the console AC adapter (cig lighter) died.

And most recently, the armrest AC also stopped working!

I've checked the fuses under the steering wheel, none of them are blown...

I'm really lost as to what could have happened. All 4 seat heater elements died over the course of a month? What could possibly break the AC adapters?

What do you think, is it just my horrible karma?

<_<

Something strange is happening recently.

First, the driver's seat heater went kaput (light comes ON, no heat though, passenger side OK). Then, the passenger seat heater started overheating, and eventually quit as well (light comes on, no heat!).

Then, the console AC adapter (cig lighter) died.

And most recently, the armrest AC also stopped working!

I've checked the fuses under the steering wheel, none of them are blown...

I'm really lost as to what could have happened. All 4 seat heater elements died over the course of a month? What could possibly break the AC adapters?

What do you think, is it just my horrible karma?

<_<

Frankie B Huh? This obviously false name isn't fooling anyone. You wouldn't happen to be a certain Mr Shayan would you? Because this broken seat thingo sounds exactly like the kind of problem that happens to him each morning, just before the cylinder head cracks, the transmission blows apart and the rear axle falls out on the road in a shower of sparks. :cheers:

ha!

Well I figured the problem with the armrest AC - it was some tinfoil from gum packaging that got stuck there.

I checked the ashtray adapter to see if maybe it was the sameproblem, but no, that one was clean. Replacement assy is going to be at least $130 from ebay after shipping etc. I even replaced the CIG fuse with a spare (hoping for bad connectors etc), but that didn't do anything.