Bank 1 Sensor 1 - Please Help.

MrEhden25

My check engine light came on, code P1135. I am aware that it is Bank 1 Sensor 1. I bought the Toyota part 89467-48011. I havent installed it yet. Can anyone please tell me where is this sensor ? I thought it was the one behind the radiator in front of the engine. Is that correct ? If not can anyone please provide me with any help ?

Thank you.

You can't tell which sensor it is from that error code since the same code is generated for the front and rear sensors. If it's really the O2 sensor, you should see if your emissions warranty is still in effect.

P1135 is triggered by a bad or dirty Mass Airflow Sensor. The MAF is located on top of the ducting going from the air cleaner to the engine air intake. It's held on by two screws and can be removed in less than one minute.

Thank you for your help. I have been getting conflicting reports about code P1135. I will try replacing the MAF and see if that solves my problem.

Thank you.

Don't replace it. You should clean it first by using some CRC Throttle Body Cleaner (the kind that comes in a spray can). Three or four blasts should be enough. Then reinstall it and clear the trouble code.

This is what i will do tonight: I will clean the MAF, reset the code, drive the car for sometime and see if the CEL comes back on.

If it does: I will change the Bank 1 Sensor 1 using toyota part 89467-48011 (Bought this morning for $220 from local Toyota dealership).

I will keep you posted.

P1135 is triggered by a bad or dirty Mass Airflow Sensor. The MAF is located on top of the ducting going from the air cleaner to the engine air intake. It's held on by two screws and can be removed in less than one minute.

Thank you for your help. I have been getting conflicting reports about code P1135. I will try replacing the MAF and see if that solves my problem.

Thank you.

Don't replace it. You should clean it first by using some CRC Throttle Body Cleaner (the kind that comes in a spray can). Three or four blasts should be enough. Then reinstall it and clear the trouble code.

My car as 107K on it. Lexus Rx300 1999. I assume the emissions warranty on it has expired. Correct ?

It's over: 7 years or 70,00 miles.

I cleaned the MAF last night but i still got the CEL (even after the reset). We tried to replace Bank 1 Sensor 1 but couldnt even take off the sensor, any help will be appreciated.

Just as an update: The codes i was getting were 0171,0172,1135. After cleaning the MAP, i got the codes 1135,0125. I then replaced bank 1 sensor 1, sensor under the car. Bought part for $220. So far no check engine codes. But i bought the coolant sensor for $30 and i plan to change it this weekend.

Good luck to all and thanks for all the help i got.

My car as 107K on it. Lexus Rx300 1999. I assume the emissions warranty on it has expired. Correct ?

It's over: 7 years or 70,00 miles.

I cleaned the MAF last night but i still got the CEL (even after the reset). We tried to replace Bank 1 Sensor 1 but couldnt even take off the sensor, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Question - How do you clear or reset codes.