How To Bypass The Navigation's "safety" Feature?

My firend that owns a RX330 said he once knew how to do this, but has since "lost" the secret. Anyone know?

Coastaltech.com sells a nice permanent override, which also works to defeat phone lock out as well.

The only thing is, does it work in all applications, or is it suspect to the revision of the software?

i.e. I have a 2006 RX 400H, production May 2006, PDI June 2006 and the manual over-ride does not work for it...

I can never get a straight answer from Coastaltech on this, compatibility.

Cheers,

MadloR

My firend that owns a RX330 said he once knew how to do this, but has since "lost" the secret. Anyone know?

Coastaltech.com sells a nice permanent override, which also works to defeat phone lock out as well.

The only thing is, does it work in all applications, or is it suspect to the revision of the software?

i.e. I have a 2006 RX 400H, production May 2006, PDI June 2006 and the manual over-ride does not work for it...

Cheers,

MadloR

I'll go one step more. The procedures act like it works on our 2006 RX400h but bottom line it not only didn't work, it screwed up things where our Motorola would not work with the system at all. We got a message on the phone saying something like "Bluetooth module not found". I had to delete our phones completely and re-add them :censored: ... not fun! Don't mess with it.

RolandB

Cheers,

MadloR

I'll go one step more. The procedures act like it works on our 2006 RX400h but bottom line it not only didn't work, it screwed up things where our Motorola would not work with the system at all. We got a message on the phone saying something like "Bluetooth module not found". I had to delete our phones completely and re-add them :censored: ... not fun! Don't mess with it.

RolandB

Strangely, we've had no trouble with the manual override. I haven't summoned the guts to actually start cutting wires in the thing. Our 400h was delivered to the dealer in August 2006. The nav and phone work fine after entering the override sequence. However, as to the bluetooth phone, ours is a verizon LG, not a moto.

daloosh

Cheers,

MadloR

RolandB

The manual override should not have any impact on bluetooth functionality. I have a bluetooth Moto and used the override extensively without any issue. That said, when you do this operation, you are entering the SERVICE MENU which end users really have no beeswax messing with. If, by accident, you were to go into one of the other menus and tweek some setting somewhere (say in the bluetooth section ;), then I can see how this might have happened.

As for the hardware fix, I would think that since you are re-wireing the Nav system just like the cutting of the wire behind the monitor does, then it should work just as well on any generation of the Nav S/W. The wires don't know about revision numbers. If the vendor won't give you a strait answer on compatablity, get them to give you a strait answer on their return policy...