Amazing Is 350

Had a cert used 2004 911 with 10k on it. They let me have it for the day to see if i could convince the wifey. Mistake on their part :P . Drove the dog out it for half a day. Wife didnt like the standard so gave it back and got the IS two days ago. Drove for first time when i bought it. Everything i like about cars, torque, handling etc is right up there with the 911. This car is lose your license fast, has nav and all the other goodies (911 carrera didnt) and I saved more than 30k. The only thing missing that I liked about the 911 was its exhaust note. Hats off to lexus, great car.

Congratulations Jeff! Yeah, the IS350's are very fast, and their handling is exceptional. I must say though, you weren't comparing apples to apples. The 911 base engine for that year had 345 hp. Which probably felt about on par with the IS 350. Handling? Take em on a track, and the IS will be overmatched. For the money, though, it would almost seem like a no-brainer. More luxury, nearly equal power, for 30K less! I think you did yourself pretty well!

Now if you brought home a 911 turbo (which would only be even more $$) you might be singing a different tune.

All in all, you made a great choice.

Is that you in you avatar?

Thanks Sidney

I agree the track would be a different story with stock in both, and fairly equal drivers.

But even not apples, I am still impressed how the handling and power felt so similiar on roads that I drove both on.

911 turbo, now thats a thought. Maybe in a few years if all goes well.

Me in the avatar? Only in my dreams. Valentino Rossi, 7 time motogp champion. :cheers:

It always amazed me how they can come out of those turns on ONE WHEEL like that.

Those guys are like from another planet or something. Valentino huh?

Happy motoring!

BTW, what's up with all this snow? My Mariners have been snowed out for three days straight in Cleveland!

• 4 weeks later...

I think you made the right decision if your wife was going to be doing any driving in it! Me on the other hand, that's the reason I got her an IS 250 RWD and she can't drive the P car since it's a manual tranny!