Passenger Side Mirror Issues?

agron1979

Since I bought my lovely LX470 my passenger side mirror hasn't been functioning, so I decided to take it to the Lexus dealership :censored: It was there for 4 days and they told me that the mirror ECU isn't working and it will cost $467.97 to fix, so I just got up and left. I hate the dealership next to where I live becasue I don't think they know what they are doing and they just damn scare me, especially with there prices. For half that price I was thinking about getting another mirror on Ebay? I really don't think it's the ECU of the mirror if the mirror actually has an ECU?...When I put the car in reverse both mirrors go down and when I put it in drive they both go back to where they were. I only cannot control the passengers side mirror from the mirror switch. If I were to use the mirror switch to try to set my passengers side mirror it will not go up, down, left, or right...so I am thinking that it could be the mirror switch. Lexus dealerships better get there acts together, they quoted me for both front wheel rotor and pad replacement with labor at $699.96, so again I laughed and went to my buddy that works at a Parts for Imports store and he got me all 4 rotors and pads for all 4 wheels for $195.00 and had them installed at a local mechanic, thats been in the area for over 20 years, for $150.00 with a total of $345.00 for all 4 wheels and Lexus wanted more than double for just the fronts. I am never taking my LX to the dealership again. I hope someone can help me with the mirror problem :( By the way, my LX stops on a dime with the new parts and tires.

• 2 months later...

• 2 months later...