My Speedometer Works When Ever It Wants!

Hello,

My 92 es300 with 168,749 miles has this problem that can be dangerous. The speedometer works when ever it wants, you can drive and it stays at 0, the next sday it works, and sometimes it will start working while your driving.

I dont get it. Ive been told that it is not a cable and its digital.Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

My es 300

lol

It's a cable + electrical system, the dual system got axed shortly there-after (or shortly before I forget for once). Change the wheel speed sensor.

Shayan

Mate, you've really got to scrap this car of yours. Get it over-insured than lave it with the keys in it in a dodgy area. Or let the hand brake off while parked near a slope close to a large body of water. Honestly. You're a nice guy and all, but you're giving the marque a bad name. In fact. I reckon if lexus HQ read your posts, they might even offer you money to keep quiet.

golly toysrme how do you know so much?

wished you lived in Shreveport.

lol

thanks for the reply.

lol i wish they would Lacebug. I dont see how so much can go wrong with a car.

lol

yes i know its 15 years old.

where is this wheel speed sensor?

Ohhhh pretty much the top of the transmission. Not a hard fix.

LoL I don't think anyone would ever buy my ES 300, less it had 300bhp+ running through it. No other way to explain some of the *BLEEP* that's been done to it over the years lmao.

Really, I'd like to start over hah.

Or have this one working & do an mr2 v6 swap. Not becuase I like MR2's, they're just the most rediculously fast thing for the money. And not quite as !Removed! as a Miata. :D