Open Throttle Body

bpeesy

I have a 92 LS400 that has started the dreaded idle surge. It lopes from 1k rpm's to about 2500 rpm's. It sounds fine once I move into a gear (Drive or Reverse). I decided to clean the throttle body to see if that would help. Once I removed the air intake, I noticed that the throttle plate was open.

Question: Shouldn't the throttle plate be closed? could that be why my Idle is a lil too high and is loping. Also I don't even have to tough the gas pedal when coming from a complete stop because it will take me to about 40mph by itself. Help

I have a 92 LS400 that has started the dreaded idle surge. It lopes from 1k rpm's to about 2500 rpm's. It sounds fine once I move into a gear (Drive or Reverse). I decided to clean the throttle body to see if that would help. Once I removed the air intake, I noticed that the throttle plate was open.

Question: Shouldn't the throttle plate be closed? could that be why my Idle is a lil too high and is loping. Also I don't even have to tough the gas pedal when coming from a complete stop because it will take me to about 40mph by itself. Help

do you have traction control on ur car - ? if yes then its normal for the 1st plate to be open reson is for traction 2nd one is for ideal .. so look into the 2nd one ... and it sure will help ur car by cleaning the throttle body ... plus try to clean MAF sensor at the same time ..by the way look into ur throttle sensor makesure its on right spot .. ur ..ideal rpm has to do with ur throttle sensor too ----good luck

do you have traction control on ur car - ? if yes then its normal for the 1st plate to be open reson is for traction 2nd one is for ideal .. so look into the 2nd one ... and it sure will help ur car by cleaning the throttle body ... plus try to clean MAF sensor at the same time ..by the way look into ur throttle sensor makesure its on right spot .. ur ..ideal rpm has to do with ur throttle sensor too ----good luck

I do have Traction control so I guess that explains why I see an open plate. I will go in and clean the throttle body hopefully that will help. would brake parts cleaner be a good chemical to to clean the throttle body? it seems to work on most anything else that has oil or gunk on it. Also what is the procedure for cleaning the MAF sensor? Thank you in advance for your answers

I do have Traction control so I guess that explains why I see an open plate. I will go in and clean the throttle body hopefully that will help. would brake parts cleaner be a good chemical to to clean the throttle body? it seems to work on most anything else that has oil or gunk on it. Also what is the procedure for cleaning the MAF sensor? Thank you in advance for your answers

well sure you can use that .. but i would say use the rite stuff .. get throttle cleaner or electric stuff cleaner from autozone .. make sure ... use cloth which can suck ur cleaner if cleaner or carbon gose to ur engine then ur engine gonna have hard time comeing back to normal stage .. which i faced and belive me you not gonna like it .. so b4 u start cleaning make sure put a long cloth inside the hole which would block the open spot behind the plate .. and then ur good to go .. .. ok click here to spet by step work for MAF sensor .. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=50&c=9 .....

click here for step by step work for throttle body .. http://www.lextreme.com/tb.htm good luck and becarefull