Rear Suspension Parts Called By Several Names?

Stasis

Please help! I just bought a 94 LS400 with a severe drivers side rear wheel grinding. Sure that it's the wheel bearing, but my indi has given me this parts list and I cannot seem to clearly cross reference the items with the online parts houses. Can someone PLEASE give me a clue here?

1. Spindle, Knuckle, Rear Suspension Carrier, Left - Part#4230550010

2. Wheel Hub, Rear, Disc and Hub Assembly - Part#4242050050

I'm at a loss. Thank you in advance for your input.

Please help! I just bought a 94 LS400 with a severe drivers side rear wheel grinding. Sure that it's the wheel bearing, but my indi has given me this parts list and I cannot seem to clearly cross reference the items with the online parts houses. Can someone PLEASE give me a clue here?

1. Spindle, Knuckle, Rear Suspension Carrier, Left - Part#4230550010

2. Wheel Hub, Rear, Disc and Hub Assembly - Part#4242050050

I'm at a loss. Thank you in advance for your input.

Start here:

PPL

They have a limited description, but they are a good source for parts. Also, do a search on this site (LOC) for TIZ. It is the Toyota (Lexus) technical information site where you can download the entire manual for your vehicle.

Your mechanic is referring to #2 in the picture below "knuckle". It houses the rear carrier bushing "where #9 connects to #2". But that won't grind, it will clunk, and it does wear out, usually the first to go. But, you do NOT have to replace the entire knuckle to repair it. Call your lexus dealer and tell them you need the rear carrier repair kit, they'll sell you a ASUS bushing kit for like $100 bucks on the spot. Or you can search the web and buy it online, but after shipping and time wasted waiting for it, you only come out ahead by like $20 or $30 bucks, if that.

If it is your wheel bearing, and he wants you to buy the entire knuckle, then I would suggest a different approach. That's sort of buying a new house because your garage door sticks. You can buy the bearing itself, and have it swapped out.

I found this diagram on www.lexuspartsonline.com.

The knuckle from them costs $212 "which ain't that bad actually". But I promise you if you try and buy it at your local dealership, it'll be close to double that probably.

post-15797-1174570122_thumb.jpg

ACtually, didn't realize Thread posted the trademotion link as well. His has the same diagrams with better pricing.... I would use his instead of mine. :cheers: