How To Adjust Throttle?

There is some slack in the throttle cable of my 97 ES300. I want to tighten the throttle cable to eliminate the slack, but don't know how to adjust the throttle cable. I have searched the forum but have not found any posts describing how to adjust the throttle cable.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

There is some slack in the throttle cable of my 97 ES300. I want to tighten the throttle cable to eliminate the slack, but don't know how to adjust the throttle cable. I have searched the forum but have not found any posts describing how to adjust the throttle cable.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

it is simple. look at the throttle body u will see the wire on top that is your gas pedal wire the one on bottom is your kick down wire.

now loosen up the nut on the end. andd thread it back a few more turns, till there is a little play but not alot, no play is bad. make sure you tighten everything back up.

Thanks for the advice. I tried that but there is still slack. Probably there is too much slack? Can something be done at the pedal end? Thanks again.

Update: Adjusting the nuts at the throttle body does lessen the slack. I adjusted as much as I could. Now there is still a little slack, but it is much better than before.

I hope you don't mind that I send this reply. I am trying to find out why my 92 LS400 does not seem to shift to 4th gear when I am at highway speed. I capped off the hose lines on my power steering unit last weekend to stop fluid from going into the intake. Solved the problem and created 2 more. Low idle after warm up and it appears to not hit the 4th gear. Any help would be appreciated. If someone can help this newbie with how to post, that would be awsome. This forum is great. Thanks.

I hope you don't mind that I send this reply. I am trying to find out why my 92 LS400 does not seem to shift to 4th gear when I am at highway speed. I capped off the hose lines on my power steering unit last weekend to stop fluid from going into the intake. Solved the problem and created 2 more. Low idle after warm up and it appears to not hit the 4th gear. Any help would be appreciated. If someone can help this newbie with how to post, that would be awsome. This forum is great. Thanks.

You might want to start a new topic for this so that people who know the solution to your problems will be aware of your post. Those people might not be interested in this original topic.