97 Es300 With Panel Lights Out!

total1

1997 ES300; 153K; great condition, too!; Mobil-1 synthetic oil ea 10K+ miles; Mobil-1 premium synthetic oil filter

Some of my panel lights are out. This is the 'radio/AC/heater' panel in the center of the front dashboard. I have two (2) lights that are out. These are the far lower left panel button lights. If I remember correctly, these are the AUTO and OFF buttons.

Are these lights part of the panel and hence I need to pay big $$$ to fix two (2) lights? Or, are these just simple light bulbs that need to be replaced? If light bulbs, what's the level of difficulty, if you know?

The climate control lights are not that hard to replace. To gain access to the lights, you have to remove the entire stereo-and-A/C cluster unit, then remove the A/C unit and unscrew the circuit board from the unit. You will find that the lights themselves are the screw-on type, and things should be self-explanatory as far as replacing them. You can get the replacement lights for around $2-$3 per light bulb at your local Lexus dealership.

• 1 year later...
The climate control lights are not that hard to replace. To gain access to the lights, you have to remove the entire stereo-and-A/C cluster unit, then remove the A/C unit and unscrew the circuit board from the unit. You will find that the lights themselves are the screw-on type, and things should be self-explanatory as far as replacing them. You can get the replacement lights for around $2-$3 per light bulb at your local Lexus dealership.

Here's a picture of the back of the A/C unit with the circuit board. Are you speaking of the five (5) screw out bulbs seen on the circuit board or do I need to remove the circuit board itself? If I need to remove the circuit board, then how? I looked at the circuit board and removed the two (2) screws but I couldn't determine if when I was prying the board if it would break. Also, there appeared to be more connections than I could see. See for example the ...739.jpg image with the ribbon connector. What do I do here?

TIA!

post-7398-1216495798_thumb.jpg

post-7398-1216495855_thumb.jpg