400 Exhaust Option

I recently upgraded from a 97 mustang GT to a 98 GS400. The one thing I miss the most, my exhaust. I know that with the V8 I can still get the muscle sound from the exhaust. I'm very aware that it is a luxury car, but I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has done exhaust work to their lexus' and what results they had, also what, if any, different types of pipes and best mufflers to go with. On my mustang I had an x-pipe and used flowmasters and I was told similar could be used on the lexus. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

I recently upgraded from a 97 mustang GT to a 98 GS400. The one thing I miss the most, my exhaust. I know that with the V8 I can still get the muscle sound from the exhaust. I'm very aware that it is a luxury car, but I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has done exhaust work to their lexus' and what results they had, also what, if any, different types of pipes and best mufflers to go with. On my mustang I had an x-pipe and used flowmasters and I was told similar could be used on the lexus. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Do a search on myspace.com on GS400 magnaflows. There are a couple of videos with sound out there on exhaust mods to the GS400.

Do a search on myspace.com on GS400 magnaflows. There are a couple of videos with sound out there on exhaust mods to the GS400.

See attached video clip of my car. I put on S&S headers, full custom dual 2.25" pipes, and Borla muffler rear section for our cars. Mine is a GS430, but all parts should also fit your car. Sounds pretty mean....

exhaust clip1

exhaust clip2