Good Deal On 2008rx350

New member here in Arizona.

Was this a good deal?

This is what I wanted: 2008 RX350 FWD. Navigation system w/ premium plus package (2008 premium plus has just about everything this time), XM radio and after market headrest mounted DVD (the DVD center console that comes with the RX when opened blocks the rear view mirror and I don’t think that is safe). Breakwater blue w/ grey leather and black bird’s eye maple. My second exterior choice is either silver or flint mica.

Also have a trade-in to negotiate with after we agree on price. A Toyota 2004 RAV4 limited w/ 22k miles and good condition. I thought buying the 2008 model in 2007 gives me a heads up on trading in, in the future.

I walked into Scottsdale, Arizona (Elite of Lexus) dealership. The dealer quoted me for Nav w/ premium plus $48802 including tax, lic and doc fees. (the MSRP 44246). Not included is XM or DVD. But would have to wait for the color I wanted.

I went to AAA (Arizona Auto Assoc.) who has a car buying service for members. You tell them what you want and they try to find it along with trade-ins and extended warranties. They found a silver w/ grey leather, black birds eye, XM and headrest mounted DVD for $44839 plus trade-in at $13600.

Also tried internet with 3 local dealers (Bell, Superstition and Scottsdale). Best quote was for $44146 and trade-in between $12000-13000 as they have to see RAV4 first. And again would have to wait for the breakwater blue or flint mica.

They were all pretty close but I went with AAA. I get my car on Monday. It is coming from Tucson on a flat bed not driven. All I do is literally write a check for $34500 (44839 minus trade-in plus tax and title). AAA shows me everything about the SUV as a dealer would. It's a good thing too because I leave at the end of the week for a trip x country.

:cries: What I completely forgot to mention to all the above was the Mark Levinson audio package because I was thinking about XM radio. So I just get the Lexus audio.

Would appreciate any input.

Not sure what input you are looking for since you already ordered your car and judging by the date of your post you probably already picked it up.

I was going to say that that $44146. price sounds like a 2007 sticker price (that's what mine was) and I thought the 08's were a little higher. I was going to say that if you go with that one be sure it's an 08.

Anyway, I really love mine. It's an 07 but it's less than a month old.

Dave

Not sure what input you are looking for since you already ordered your car and judging by the date of your post you probably already picked it up.

I was going to say that that $44146. price sounds like a 2007 sticker price (that's what mine was) and I thought the 08's were a little higher. I was going to say that if you go with that one be sure it's an 08.

Anyway, I really love mine. It's an 07 but it's less than a month old.

Dave

Not sure if you're price included tax, title, et al.

We paid $47500.00 out the door. It was a AWD RX 350 with Premium/Nav/towing prep package, entertainment system, wheel locks, xenon lights. Hope it helps.

Apparently there is no change in pricing between the 2007 RX350 and the 2008 model. Base price of

an AWD remains the same, so also the price on all options. So we are probably looking at pretty

much the same MSRP on the 2008 models, if what I read (and hear) is right. Have read in some other

forums that 2008 is going at about $3500 belwo MSRP. Any input anyone , on pricing ?

I bought a 2008 AWD with premium plus, navigation system, 18" 7 spoke wheels, DVD entertainment system, heated seats+rain sensing wipers, wheel locks, cargo mat for 44,248. This was about 3300 below MSRP.

• 10 months later...
I bought a 2008 AWD with premium plus, navigation system, 18" 7 spoke wheels, DVD entertainment system, heated seats+rain sensing wipers, wheel locks, cargo mat for 44,248. This was about 3300 below MSRP.

I paid fully loaded AWD 2008 everything minus back seat ent system for 40,000 even and this is going back in may of 2007. current going price is 39500 + all taxs etc

Hope this helps anybody looking to purchase one.

Cheers and enjoy the ride