Couple Of Quick ? About 99 Lx 470

branshew

Wife wants a SUV for the growing family and I have been looking at Land Cruisers and LX 470. I have an LS 400 and had an ES300 in the past, but this is my first post in the LX forum. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Was Stability Control available in 1999? If so was it an option or standard? (I'm NOT talking about traction control - 2 different systems.)

What is the recommended timing belt change interval on these - 90K?

Is this an interference type engine?

I was looking at 00 - 02 range and not for a '99, but I have come across one w/ only 65 K miles on it. The price is good and carfax is clean. Anything else to watch out for on the '99s?

No stability control on the '99's. VSC and ATRAC started in 2000. Watch out for the 2000's. A few had a defective part in the tranny. Side/curtain airbags became standard around '02. '03 got the 5spd transmission and redesigned interior.

Engine is interference, t-belt should be done at 90K. Water pump is usually done at time of t-belt since it's located behind the t-belt.