02-03 Ls430 Vs. 07 Es350

Curious P

• 4 months later...

Hey there guys (and girls!),

I'm trying to decide between buying a new 2007 ES 350 or an older model (2002 or 2003) LS 430. I was originally going to go in and order myself a new ES, but after reading aobut the LS here (I went through every LS 430 post over the last 2 years! Great info!) I'm now also seriously considering it.

Here is my input on the subject:

I recently bought a 2001 LS430 as my first Japanese car having had several Cadillacs and Jaguars. I test drove the ES350 and the ride was nice but it has front wheel drive and I don't like the way it swerved during fast acceleration. I also test drove the IS350 and the GS430, too much of a sporty ride, something like the Jaguar. The LS430 was more like the Cadillac ride only better. I wouldn't buy an old Lexus due to expensive repair risks. I see two choices, the 01-03 LS430 or if you have another $15K to spend, the 04 LS430 which provides has several refinements including the 6 speed transmission.