New 2007 Is300 Owner ,, Yes 300 ,, With Questions

Hi Everyone .. i am luckily a brand new owner of this great car .. blue pearl - NAV - Spoiler - 17" Rims

and in case you do not know the new 2Gen IS comes to the middle-east and China in a 3.0 L Engine .. the one on the previous GS i guess.

so anyway i wanted to say hi and wanna ask about something..

the Ring on the speedometer which comes out above 120KM/h .. it doesn't show up !!

is there a way to acces a setup menu or something and add it and remove it ? (Before going to the dealer)

and the 6-speed gear ,, why does it love fifth gear ? it shifts quick from 1 to 5 .. but when it reaches 5 it stays a while .. even if i slow down it will not shift down till the car is so sure that i am stopping for a turn or a light, is this thing normal and i am a bit sensitive(First luxury car ever) .. or is there something wrong?

Thats it.

Hi Everyone .. i am luckily a brand new owner of this great car .. blue pearl - NAV - Spoiler - 17" Rims

and in case you do not know the new 2Gen IS comes to the middle-east and China in a 3.0 L Engine .. the one on the previous GS i guess.

so anyway i wanted to say hi and wanna ask about something..

the Ring on the speedometer which comes out above 120KM/h .. it doesn't show up !!

is there a way to acces a setup menu or something and add it and remove it ? (Before going to the dealer)

and the 6-speed gear ,, why does it love fifth gear ? it shifts quick from 1 to 5 .. but when it reaches 5 it stays a while .. even if i slow down it will not shift down till the car is so sure that i am stopping for a turn or a light, is this thing normal and i am a bit sensitive(First luxury car ever) .. or is there something wrong?

Thats it.

To set the "warning ring" around the speedometer/tachometer you have to enter a setup menu. Instructions are in your owner's manual. It's fairly easy and you can dial in whatever you want. As far as your car's shift pattern, you usually will only see sixth gear once you establish yourself at a constant, highway-type speed. Also, if you have a "performance mode" switch, that changes everything and will typically allow the engine to rev higher in each gear before shifting up to the next one.

The above is correct. My IS350 doesn't shift to 6 until its above 40 mph. Shifts a little later when the engine is cold.

Setting the speed and RPM indicator rings is in this section of the owner's manual.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=3761

Not sure what you're saying about downshifting, but if you put the mode selector in gear postition you should be able to see the actual gear in the display window.

thanx all and sorry for my bad english ,,

actually right after writing the topic went down to the garage and played with it for 15 minutes and i found the ring thing ..

war hummer1/

if you mean by "performance mode" the pwr in the ect button sure i have it , but isn't the car supposed to rev a little more before shifting up (in normal mode) .. or lexus made that for decreasing fuel consumption?

bartkat/

sorry again for bad english but trying to do my best .. i DO see the gears in the display window .. but why does it stay's in 5th gear a LOT more than the rest gears ? just a simple question

thanx all

If you're driving mostly at speeds under 40 MPH then the car is mostly not going to shift above 5th gear. If you're on a level highway at 45 and up, then you should be in 6th most of the time. If not, then there is a problem, or you're in S mode and the paddle shifter needs to move it to 6.

bartkat/

"If you're driving mostly at speeds under 40 MPH then the car is mostly not going to shift above 5th gear. If you're on a level highway at 45 and up, then you should be in 6th most of the time. "

actually yes this is what's happening with me .. i guess i am too sensitive

.. another question(looked at the manual and didn't find it)

if i opened the doorlocks without opening the door the car will lock it'self after 30 seconds .. thats nice

but if i stopped and shut off the engine and exited the car but did not lock it .. why doesn't it lock itself ? .. if the remote was in range will that stop it from locking ?