Parking Brake Cable Stuck Or Frozen?

Well im here because on my mom's car (its a 2k2 i think) es300 the parking brake light in the guage cluster stays on after the brake has been released. It also feels like when you park on a uneven surface the parking brake still doesnt work that well. I havent tried driving the car down the road and slowly gradually engaging the parking brake to see if it does work. Anyone have this similar prolblem and a solution to this problem? I dont wanna have to send the car to be sent of to get worked on by someone else esp if its a simple fix. Thanks.

The dash indicator light will also stay on if the fluid level in the master cylinder is low.

Exactly. Even though the level may be above the minimum line, addition of some fluid to bring it up close to the max line should eliminate the BRAKE light. Toyota and Lexus have very sensitive float switches that may indicate low fluid when it is not below the minimum mark. Add the proper fluid and see if the light goes away. If not, then start looking into a mechanical problem.

steviej