Console Lid Latch Broken...repair Or Replace?

I have a '97 Es 300 w/ tan interior and the latch that keeps the center console top lid closed (the leather covered part) snapped off and broke into about three pieces.

Can I replace just the latch, or will I have to buy a new lid or even a whole new console? If I can replace just the latch, where can I get the parts? If I can't replace just the latch, does anyone know where I can get a lid? (I've only seen one on ebay in the last few months)

It seems like it might be pretty easy to replace the lid, but since the leather is still in decent condition, I think I'd rather just replace the latch.

Also, The cup holder has been broken since I got the car... any advice on how to fix that?

Thanks!

I have a '97 Es 300 w/ tan interior and the latch that keeps the center console top lid closed (the leather covered part) snapped off and broke into about three pieces.

Can I replace just the latch, or will I have to buy a new lid or even a whole new console? If I can replace just the latch, where can I get the parts? If I can't replace just the latch, does anyone know where I can get a lid? (I've only seen one on ebay in the last few months)

It seems like it might be pretty easy to replace the lid, but since the leather is still in decent condition, I think I'd rather just replace the latch.

Also, The cup holder has been broken since I got the car... any advice on how to fix that?

Thanks!

You can find all sorts of replacement parts at Park Place Lexus in Plano, Texas.

I didn't see just the latch available but they do have the lid part (which should include the latch?) with or without leather. The one with leather is pretty pricey at $171.83 but no cost for shipping via UPS Ground. The one without leather is a little less at $105.44 if you wanted to take the latch off it (if that's possible) and put it on your lid.

Here is the link

They have cup holders too for $83.64 :censored:

What I would do is check the auto-wreckers in your area and see if you can find what you need before spending money on new parts.

Hope this helps

About the cup-holders: Not sure how to fix it, but mine have always been difficult (Won't open without issues). First I cleaned all the gunk I could see from the outside and also from behind it by dismantling the inside of the console. Then I Armor-Alled the peiss out of every nook and cranny like it was WD-40. And STILL I have to give it some kind of 'Swooping Crane' karate CHOP! to get it to slowly open up. Glad I don't use them too often...