Trunk Won't Open Anymore - Anyone Had That Before?

andrehessling

My trunk does not open anymore. You can hear the long beep sound and a faint click in the vincinity of the trunc lid opening actuator but it won't release the lid anymore!

I have made sure that I do use the master key as well as the remote. I have also tried out to lock and unlock the key-restrictor next to the gas lid and trunk opener on the lower left of the steering wheel. But no matter what - apart from a beep and a click the lid wont release :cries: . I hope that I haven't left any perishable items in there.

I am now thinking of drilling a large whole beneath the liscence plate (I am living in Germany) in the lid to grind off the catch - but what a waste would that be? Anyone having any ideas to get around this brute force and messy approach.

Any ideas appreciated!!!!

Andre

Note for any Europeans that might not be dealing with the ultra low gas prices you lucky guys have in the US. I have recently converted the car to Bi-fuel or LPG - replacing the spare wheel with a low pressure "liquid-gas" tank and am driving now for just 9Euros/100km (I gues that converts into $US 0.20/mile)

It may be sticking ,try spraying a lube in the lcok mechanism for a few days straight to loosen any debrib

Another way is to make sure the car is runnning to give the lock full power to release and then keep pushing down and up on the trunk lid while someoen else pulls the release as it may e sticking or the latch is breaking inside.

It may be sticking ,try spraying a lube in the lcok mechanism for a few days straight to loosen any debrib

Another way is to make sure the car is runnning to give the lock full power to release and then keep pushing down and up on the trunk lid while someoen else pulls the release as it may e sticking or the latch is breaking inside.

Thanks man - I'll give it a shot. Better than killing the lid right away. I'll keep you informed on how my little project comes along :)