Brake

Hello! New to this site. What a great site! Anyway, I bought a used 99 GS300 and would like to know if anybody had any experience bleeding brake. What happen was - I removed all the brake calipers for rebuild and paint. I plugged all the lines but failed to tighten on of the front brake line. It leaked. In short all the fluid on that line was gone and the brake pedal lost all the pressure. I'm okay but not a pro as far as being a mechanic. Not too familiar with Lexus brake system and I don't have access to a good repair manual. I would appreciate anybody's help. Thanks

Edward

If you don't know what you're doing with brakes, take it in to get services in a real shop. They stop they car - very important.

You don't have to shell out for Lexus service on this one. Any small private shop you trust will do just fine.

Good luck.

Well, guess what? I did it! Rebuild all the calipers, sand blasted and painted all the pieces, assembled and bleeded. Bleeding was the tricky part. The repair manual says you need a special tool, an ACTUATOR CHECKER & WIRE HARNESS to connect to the ABS/TRAC module. But I was able to do it without this SST. Now, I know that my brake system will have extra years of service and it is corrosion free.

• 10 months later...