Lastest Update From Sirius/lexus

I've had my 2006 IS250 for almost a year and I've still been waiting for Lexus to offer the factory Sirius accessory. I called Sirius Coopreate Headquarters a few weeks ago and they said that Lexus should be announcing in a few months (March) that they would be offering it. So I called Lexus to see if they had the same information and I was told yes, in March they would be offering it. Then I spoke to another dude at Lexus and he said no, that the whole thing has been scrapped since Oct 2006. I'm getting mixed messgaes from Lexus and Sirius. When I bought my IS250, Sirius was the main reason I went with Lexus and not Acura and now I'm still waiting a year later. I have Sirius in my car now but with wires and using the cigarette lighter which is not how I imagined the interior of my $36,000 dollar car looking like.

If I go with the after market option like this forum is suggesting and then Lexus changes their mind and offers the factory accessory do I need to switch the after market one out for the factory? I'm just not sure how much longer I can wait and I and I'm SIRIUSLY thinking about the after market option but don't want to make a mistake. What about the warranty on the after market option? Also, I don't have the shark fin on my car (which I'm glad, I think it ruins the lines of the car) so I guess the atenna will need to go in the back dash behind the head rests. Is that right?

Any help would be great...I'm about to spend $750 so I don't want to rush into this decision if it's not worth it.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, I have had a Sirius S-50 for over a year but really wanted "real time" shows. I just had it installed for $150 in the center console, which is all you need! They can tap in to the DC supply (hardwire) and the IPOD port (also hardwired) leaving both still available with the antenna mounted in right hand corner of the dash. So far the reception is fine and the sound is great. just swich on AUX and use the remote. Good luck!