Interior Squeak/rattle

tundra-lover

It's been a while since I've been on the site, and recenlty purchased a 97' LX450 after looking forever. This one had been sitting for about a year, and was originally from California. It looks like it has every option, and had about 97k miles when I picked it up. It needed some work, and I ended up changing the battery, plugs, wires, brakes, wheels, tires, fluids, shocks and a couple small things. Next will be the windshield and antenna.

Now that it has been in the single digits, and way below freezing, I've noticed some rather anoying rattles, accompanied with a big squeak when I hit a small bump or man-hole cover. Sounds like the dash is rubbing the windshield, or the dash is ready to fall off the truck?? Its too damn cold to take anything apart just yet, but I wanted to see if anyone has encountered this problem?? I did attempt to stuff a piece of black felt between the dash and the windshield to see if it would help, but it didn't (recommended in a toyota forum). Anyway, please let me know if you have any ideas.

-Dustin

It's been a while since I've been on the site, and recenlty purchased a 97' LX450 after looking forever. This one had been sitting for about a year, and was originally from California. It looks like it has every option, and had about 97k miles when I picked it up. It needed some work, and I ended up changing the battery, plugs, wires, brakes, wheels, tires, fluids, shocks and a couple small things. Next will be the windshield and antenna.

Now that it has been in the single digits, and way below freezing, I've noticed some rather anoying rattles, accompanied with a big squeak when I hit a small bump or man-hole cover. Sounds like the dash is rubbing the windshield, or the dash is ready to fall off the truck?? Its too damn cold to take anything apart just yet, but I wanted to see if anyone has encountered this problem?? I did attempt to stuff a piece of black felt between the dash and the windshield to see if it would help, but it didn't (recommended in a toyota forum). Anyway, please let me know if you have any ideas.

-Dustin

Not much help, other than I can relate. I've got an extremely annoying rattle around my sunroof somewhere, and can't figure out the cause.