How To Make A Big Service Cheaper

Well guys, it's almost here. My beautiful 2000 model ES300's 80,000 kilometre, (50,000 miles) birthday is rapidly approaching. I just had a look in my service book and it's a biggie! I phoned my Lexus dealer and that quoted around $800 for labour and parts (that's about $600 US Dollars).

What suggestions do you have to keep the service costs down, while still having the service done at Lexus? For instance can I buy all the service parts online and if so, which ones do you recommend?

Any advice greatly appreciated by myself and my wallet.

Cheers

Stephen

Sydney Ozland

Can none of my american mates assist?

S

'Lacebug Sydney' , Welcome to the forums, You should buy all of the parts online for the biggest discount. Then find a mechanic that soley works on toyotas/lexus for a reasonable hourly rate. Do any maintenance that you are capable of to reduce costs. Try irontoad.com, autopartswarehouse.com, sewelllexus.com just to name a few. I don't know what shipping will be. Maybe look for parts houses in your neck of the woods. :cheers:

Well guys, it's almost here. My beautiful 2000 model ES300's 80,000 kilometre, (50,000 miles) birthday is rapidly approaching. I just had a look in my service book and it's a biggie! I phoned my Lexus dealer and that quoted around $800 for labour and parts (that's about $600 US Dollars).

What suggestions do you have to keep the service costs down, while still having the service done at Lexus? For instance can I buy all the service parts online and if so, which ones do you recommend?

Any advice greatly appreciated by myself and my wallet.

Cheers

Stephen

Sydney Ozland

Start saving now for the service. It won't seem like so much if it doesn't come out of your account all at once.

rosie