Trction Light

skipper

I have a '93 SC 300 purchased 12/06 115K, Real clean car, except periodically the traction light comes on and stays on. Car acts like hesitation under hard acceleration - doesn't misfire at idle. Put injector cleaner in gas tank- Valvolene product, seemed to improve, but still there. Tail pipes look good grey- not black sooty, no smoke- have driven about 1500 miles- not leaking or burning oil!

Am thinking Mass Air Sensor and air intake may be carboned up? Havent pulled spark plugs as a ton of crap to R&R to get them out. Car has tiny plug wires- 4.5mm + -. Give me some ideas. :wacko: skipper

This usually happens because the oil line from the brake res to the trac cont accumulator has a leak in it.

Check and see if you have brake fluid leaking on your driver side front fender well up by the firewall. If so, then you need to replace the line, and probably the accumulator, and bleed the system. (very difficult to do even for an experienced mechanic and will cost about $1500.00) What I did with mine: I disconnected the plug to the traction control pump, no traction control, and the light stays on. ( it is just an accessory, and does not affect the running of the car)

Good luck.

Very interesting- I did dd a very small amount of brake fluid, as the brake light came on a couple of times- Adding the little fluid totally took care of that, I'll bet you're correct. Way too cold to do anything tonight, but will check it out.

Thank you very much for the tip- these are incredible cars even with a few little flaws.

Allan