Blue Tooth Phone Use

My blue tooth phone connects automatically to the my Lexus GX 470 most of the time. Sometimes it fails and I am not sure why. If I am in the car with others I may not want to annoy them or for them to hear the other side of my conversation. How do I disconnect from the car and use the phone without it going through the car speaker. The mute button does not work.

You'd have to go into your phone menu and disable the Bluetooth.

no, just pick ur phone up normally and push the talk button on it. sometimes it will let u take the call privately by doing only this. when you are talking through the system though, if u push transfer call on your phone or the nav screen it should transfer the call frm the system to your phone.

You'd have to go into your phone menu and disable the Bluetooth.

No, just pick ur phone up normally and push the talk button on it. sometimes it will let u take the call privately by doing only this. when you are talking through the system though, if u push transfer call on your phone or the nav screen it should transfer the call frm the system to your phone.

There is no universal answer on how to disconnect Bluetooth on the handset while in a call. With the new Verizon UI, just press the right soft key on the phone and see the option to do that. Otherwise, every OEM may have different keystrokes to accomplish that.