Strut Rods

cardona6569

I changed my right strut rod, all nice til I put it all back, it is crooked at the front where the strut rod has the bushing. How do I adjust it? I know my alignment is all gone by now but I need to adjust it. Do I need to loose the tie rod, do I need to take it out of the rack? I also changed the base where the rod connects in the front. The dealer said It was cracked, the crack at least is not in the one on the right passenger side.

Second does the 1998 has a solenoid in the Rack? Mine does not have adjustable suspension. My rack is leaking by the sides of the inner tie rods.

Thanks in advance.

C. PR I have read a lot about the rods, but not the questions I have.

I changed my right strut rod, all nice til I put it all back, it is crooked at the front where the strut rod has the bushing. How do I adjust it? I know my alignment is all gone by now but I need to adjust it. Do I need to loose the tie rod, do I need to take it out of the rack? I also changed the base where the rod connects in the front. The dealer said It was cracked, the crack at least is not in the one on the right passenger side.

Second does the 1998 has a solenoid in the Rack? Mine does not have adjustable suspension. My rack is leaking by the sides of the inner tie rods.

Thanks in advance.

C. PR I have read a lot about the rods, but not the questions I have.

yes you do haev a solenoid in the rack and there are kits to rebuild it yourself, also cleaning lil filter inside the solenoid would help a lil bit.

i have a problem with bushings in the strut rod as well as it seems. gotta lift the car and check.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Thanks to the Forum members for their previous posts. I went and checked those, second I observed how the other side was, and adjusted and checked the strut rod bushing clearance on both sides. I also raised the side where I was changing the rod, like if it had a tire mounted on it. Third sent to the dealer for alignment. The dealer told me it was ll perfect. I saved over a 1000 dollars in parts and labor. The car runs like a dream. I also should had checked the previous postings on strut rods, which I did and helped me a lot. If anybody has problems changing theirs just do one side a time and raise the wheel like if it had the tire on it and was more less like it sits on the ground, that is the key. You do not need to remove the shocks, just the bracket and the sway bars bushings, at which time if you want to update your bushings is great because it saves you time. You do not need to mess with the tierods for nothing. You will need to jacks, one for the car the other to raise the lower arm to put it in position, being careful not to force the upper suspension rubber in the yoke assy.

CPR