1996 Lexus Es300 Troubleshooting Help

lesj

I parked my 1996 lexus ES300 on friday at about 7:00 PM in Los Angeles California. While parked in the driveway, I washed the car on sunday afternoon without starting it that day. On monday morning at about 7:00am, I tried to start the car so I could go to work. The engine turned normally but would not start for about 2 weeks after several attempts. The Check Engine Light Icon never Came ON prior and after this incident. When I borrowed an OBD II scanner from AutoZone and runned a diagnostic test, The scanner displayed the following message: " PASS ". " NO CODE RETURNED ". I let the car sit for about 3 weeks without doing nothing. The 4th week, the engine started with one key turn and running smoothly.

My question is what's the problem or cause since the car kept starting with one key turn from now on?

Anybody know?

Yeah, BMW's are sensitive to water in the engine compartment, too. On the Beemer's (3-series), water pools in the spark plug recesses and arc like mad causing sputtering.

I had something like what you had on my 4Runner a couple years ago. It was pouring hard one night, and I drove out to pick up my then-girlfriend from work. Loaded up her and a bunch of her friends in the 4Runner with the engine running and when we went to take off, "puuuuahhhh...." then nothing. It turned over, but nothing would even hint at firing. We took her car for the night, came back the next morning, and it fired right up... has never missed a beat since. Weirdest thing, but yeah, got a little water in the wrong spot...