Help...bad Gas Mileage

I have 2000 miles on my RX 350 and my milage is a horrible 12.5 in the city w/premium gas?!!? :angry: Highway is 26 (one long trip)but it took a while to get up there. Most of my driving is 10 miles a day in stop and go Boston traffick. I love this car but am extremely disapointed in the gas milage. Any advice, suggestions or solutions out there? I'm taking my readings from the display on my Lexus. Thanks!!

I have 2000 miles on my RX 350 and my milage is a horrible 12.5 in the city w/premium gas?!!? :angry: Highway is 26 (one long trip)but it took a while to get up there. Most of my driving is 10 miles a day in stop and go Boston traffick. I love this car but am extremely disapointed in the gas milage. Any advice, suggestions or solutions out there? I'm taking my readings from the display on my Lexus. Thanks!!

Thats a tad loow, but with your city driving of 10 miles dont expect any more than say 16-17. Being winter time its even worse

Thats a tad loow, but with your city driving of 10 miles dont expect any more than say 16-17. Being winter time its even worse

I'd be happy with 16 mpg. I tried resetting the display but that didn't do much..still at 12mpg. Do you think it's still in the breaking in stage? If it doesn't get any better do I have any recource w/the dealer? After all they advertise 16 to 19mpg in the city. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Any improvement?? My RX350 gave terrible urban mpg until it hit about 2500 miles. Now regularly get 18-20 imperial MPG and about 25 on the highway.

Thank You for replying!!! I'm at 14.5 city driving only and I have about 2200 miles on it. I would love to be getting what you are. I've heard you have to wait until your first oil change. Do you use premium?

I tend to use 97 RON (premium) but tbh 95 RON didn't seem to affect mileage. Like I said when I first picked it up I was getting about 13-14 around town and after about 2500 miles the engine also loosened up a lot. In addition (not sure if you can get this in US) but I put a bottle of REDEX fuel system cleaner into the tank as well.