1995 Es300 Motor From 1996 Es300

superm22

Folks,,, I have a 1995 ES300... about a year ago.. the extended warranty folks replaced the ebgine with a 1996... Engine.. I remember the mechanic telling me that there was some differances in the wiring harness, but he got it fixed... About 6 months ago the car... would fall dead everytime it was put into gear and the engine light would come on yellow... We had it towed in... It could not put out a reading... (or they could not communicate with the main engine ECU...) Well to make a long story short... They cleaned up the battery and replaced it.. the ecu worked and there was no codes stored.. car return worked fine for a bit and started doing it again... It's at the Lex dealership right now... I have 2 question

1... Should ECU have been changed with the 1996 motor.. (I notice a lot of engine parts say 1992 -1995)

2... Should have been some type of ecu upgrade applied when the 96 engine was installed..

Lex is wanting to install a new ecu for 1700.00

The only way to start is to have a 96 ecu installed.

It should have been done with the new install.

There are no engine parts that work from 92-96 as there are 2 different engiens completly.

If you have no codes being stored then it may be faulty wiring.