Battery Life While Watching Dvd

If I want to sit on my lunch hour and watch a dvd with the key on acc mode as I don't want the engine cycling on while sitting in the parking garage, will the battery last for an hour or will it die? Especially if I watch up front through the Mark Levinson system.

If I want to sit on my lunch hour and watch a dvd with the key on acc mode as I don't want the engine cycling on while sitting in the parking garage, will the battery last for an hour or will it die? Especially if I watch up front through the Mark Levinson system.

I have watched a dvd for over an hour in a garden centre carpark while waiting for my wife :)

I left it set in Ready so big high power battery charged the 12v aux battery.

The engine never started up in that time.

BUT I left the switch in the aux position with a door open while I was checking out my trailer socket. The battery was flat after approx 1 hour!

I would always keep it on "READY" when udio

But if you leave it sitting in ready, the engine will cycle on and off to charge the battery won't it?

I have watched a dvd for over an hour in a garden centre carpark while waiting for my wife :)

BUT I left the switch in the aux position with a door open while I was checking out my trailer socket. The battery was flat after approx 1 hour!

But if you leave it sitting in ready, the engine will cycle on and off to charge the battery won't it?

Well mine didn't on that occasion. I think it will only do that if the big battery needs charging...

Try it! :)

What did you do with the dead battery? Back a while ago, someone mentioned that you should never "jump" the starting battery.

Dave

What did you do with the dead battery? Back a while ago, someone mentioned that you should never "jump" the starting battery.

Dave

You can jump start it, with the usual precautions (pg 495 '06 400h manual):

"If the auxiliary battery is discharged, the hybrid system

can be started by jump starting. Depending on the vehicle

condition, however the engine may not start.

Before jump starting, remove the engine compartment

cover. (See “Removing the engine compartment covers”

on page 538.)

To avoid serious injury and damage to your vehicle which

might result from an explosion of the auxiliary battery,

acid burns, electrical burns, or damaged electronic

components, follow instructions carefully."