Dashboard Rattle (again)

drez

Hello all. I am a new Lexus owner (99 RX 300). I have been searching the forums for how to fix the dash vibration but cant find any info on the actual fix. I know that it is coming from where the small speaker is. Anyone have any tips for this one?

Thanks,

Drez

If you mean the small tweeter speaker in the front corner of the dash I had rattles there on a '99. By moving the speaker around on its mounting plate and squeezing in some cushioning material under the its sliding plate you might get it - and might not. I think there was also some other rattle in there near there I couldn't get at. Check the TSBs, I believe there was one that described fixing rattles in that area, I think they put extra padding in there.

No rattles there on my '03 - I hope they built it with a mattress in there!! :)

• 5 months later...

i have an 06 rx330. was quiet for 6 months then dashboard began to crackle in the middle. if i put my hand on it it would stop. worse in cold weather. took it to dealer. they claim they put felt in between dash. fixed that problem now have same annoying crackle noise above speedometer and tach. am quite dissapointed with car. shouldnt pay almost 40k for a car and have this much of a problem. seems like a real bad desing flaw. giving dealer one more opportunity to fix. am so fed up with the whole situation i want to trade car for something else but will loose my but in trade value. looks like i may be stuck with a car i am not at all happy with. shoulda kept the vette...really regret trading it for this piece of crap.