93 Es300

firer

im kind of new to this so please bear with me. can someone tell me how to replace the rear tail light bulbs in the es300 series lexus. iv'e got the back bumper panel off but i cant seem to find entry to the bulbs.

thank you

You have to remove the trunk lining to get access to the nuts that secure the taillight assembly to the trunk.

First step is to remove the piece of plastic which covers the top edge of the rear of the trunk. This has clips which will release when you push the plastic up with a screwdriver.

After pushing aside the trunk lining, you can see the nuts which you have to remove. I don't remember how many there are - four or five. They are easy to remove if you use a deep well socket. I don't remember the exact size, probably 8 or 10 mm.

After these nuts are removed, you call pull the assembly out enough to get to the bulbholders. Replace all the bulbs while you have it open. You don't want to do this too often.

It would help out a lot if you tell us what year your ES is.

it would have helped out alot if you would heave paid attention to the topic title and description

You have to remove the trunk lining to get access to the nuts that secure the taillight assembly to the trunk.

First step is to remove the piece of plastic which covers the top edge of the rear of the trunk. This has clips which will release when you push the plastic up with a screwdriver.

After pushing aside the trunk lining, you can see the nuts which you have to remove. I don't remember how many there are - four or five. They are easy to remove if you use a deep well socket. I don't remember the exact size, probably 8 or 10 mm.

After these nuts are removed, you call pull the assembly out enough to get to the bulbholders. Replace all the bulbs while you have it open. You don't want to do this too often.

thanks cuman, youve been a great help, just to confirm, the assembly you are reffering to is on the inside of the trunk or is it the light assembly on the outside of the trunk that pulls away from the vehicle

it would have helped out alot if you would heave paid attention to the topic title and description

firer,

Please drop the attitude towards lexusk8.

In all actuality, you posted your question three separate times. The thread that lexusk8 responded to did not state the year of the car in the title. I merged the three threads and the earliest thread assumed the title position.

In the future, please post once and wait for a response. Create multiple threads on the same question only creates confusion and clutter.

Good luck with your bulbs.

steviej,

LOC Management.

firer,

Please drop the attitude towards lexusk8.

In all actuality, you posted your question three separate times. The thread that lexusk8 responded to did not state the year of the car in the title. I merged the three threads and the earliest thread assumed the title position.

In the future, please post once and wait for a response. Create multiple threads on the same question only creates confusion and clutter.

Good luck with your bulbs.

steviej,

LOC Management.

hello steviej, i apologize for the attitude but im curious as to why you did not advise lexus8 to drop the attitude in which he responded to my question in the first place. all he had to do was ask for the year without the sarcasm. for that matter, i see alot of that same attitude on this site when people are new to the site and are not familiar with its usage. in addition i am glad there is someone looking out for this type of behavior. i just hope everyone is being policed equally and no special treatment is present for those. regaurdless of all this i do apologize.

thanks cuman, youve been a great help, just to confirm, the assembly you are reffering to is on the inside of the trunk or is it the light assembly on the outside of the trunk that pulls away from the vehicle

The assembly is on the outside of the trunk, but you can't remove it until you remove the nuts holding it in place. You cannot see all these nuts because of the trunk liner.

hello steviej, i apologize for the attitude but im curious as to why you did not advise lexus8 to drop the attitude in which he responded to my question in the first place.

because when I read lexusk8's post, the tone I get is that of a helpful hint, not attitude.

Since lexusk8 is a well respected moderator on ClubLexus, I know for a fact that he would not treat a newbie with attitude.

steviej

The assembly is on the outside of the trunk, but you can't remove it until you remove the nuts holding it in place. You cannot see all these nuts because of the trunk liner.

thanks once again cuman for the advise and curtesy, i will advise how it went

i replaced the bulbs today and they were just as you advised cuman. 4 nuts on four copper looking threaded studs. their was also some black studs with four bigger nuts that i didnt have to take off. i didnt want to pry the black plastic cover for fear of breaking ti so i just took out the trunk rug and the liner just slid down and out. i seperated the side cover from the bottom and was able to gain access to the screws in that way. the light assembly popped right out to access the bulbs. now im thinking of replacing some cracked lenses that are getting some condensation. thanks again cuman.