Xm Radio On 2006 Lexus

I just bought a 2006 IS350. The dealer installed XM Radio in it for me and it works very well. However, he put the antenna on the right hand side of my trunk about half way the length of it. It looks terrible. It resemles a big wart! The dealer told me that the 2006's do not come prewired, so that is the best they can do. I find this hard to believe. I can buy a Honda Civic with XM and have a nice color matching antenna, but when I buy a $40k lexus, I have to get a wart?

Does anyone else have a 2006 with XM? How is your antenna mounted?

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2006 IS350. The dealer installed XM Radio in it for me and it works very well. However, he put the antenna on the right hand side of my trunk about half way the length of it. It looks terrible. It resemles a big wart! The dealer told me that the 2006's do not come prewired, so that is the best they can do. I find this hard to believe. I can buy a Honda Civic with XM and have a nice color matching antenna, but when I buy a $40k lexus, I have to get a wart?

Does anyone else have a 2006 with XM? How is your antenna mounted?

Jimbo

ON THE BACK PACKAGE SHELF INSIDE THE VEHICLE.

ON THE BACK PACKAGE SHELF INSIDE THE VEHICLE.

I'm not sure what you mean by the package shelf. Also, is this a metal shelf? The XM antenna uses the metal surface that it attaches to as a ground plane. Without a metal surface to attach it to, the antenna won't perform well.