New Owner 1993 Es 300

ddog558

Hey guys and gals. Complete newb here with my first Lexus, hoping maybe I can get some help.

I love the car, but as with all older vehicles, there are a few problems.

1. Loud motor humming through the stereo. The car has an aftermarket Alpine CD player installed.

2. Driver side rear window wont go up or down. Motor doesnt even make a sound like its working, so possible replacement?

3. Antennae seems to work correctly, but grinds when fully extended for about 10 seconds.

4. The sunroof. The rear of the sunroof dips down about 1/2 - 1 inch below the roofline, like its off its track. The motor will run it about 1/2 open then jams.

5. This is the one that bugs me the most. The wiper/washer control on the steering stem. The wiper controls work fine, but the washer knob has been broken off, so is unusable. Difficult replacement?

Thanks for taking the time to listen. I sincerely hope someone has some answers.

Thanks.

1 It wasn't installed correctly. You need to ditch it's current ground & give it a real chassie ground.

2 The switch, or relay is likely broken. Pull the door panel off & check it

3 If you search for the antenna's, they've been discussed alot. Replace it, swap a cheaper Camry ant on it, swap an S2000 ant on it, or go to the expencive of shaving it off.

4 It problably is off it's track. Try the stickied FSM - factory service manual. I don't play with sunroofs lol! Or go to a Toyota dealer...

5 Email TAPRecycling.net how much a used one would cost for a 1992-1994 ES 300. They're not that hard to swap. I swapped the same stick & crusie control stalk in a Corolla afew years back. Same thing.

I would highly suggest staying up on your regular maintenance. Flushing the coolant out / replacing the thermostat & radiator & intake manifold pressure caps would be a major priority if you don't know the history of the car.

(As would be flushing the transmission fluid, and the engine for that matter.)