Throttle Position Sensor

faster20

The dealer told me that I needed a new throttle position sensor. With the help of this site I decided to do the job myself. After purchasing the part from the dealer I installed the sensor. When I started the car the idle was racing up and down. I put the old sensor back in and it sounds fine.

I called the dealer and the parts guy sent my call to the shop. I asked if the sensor needed to be calibrated or if there was a test to see if the sensor was bad. Of course he stated that I needed to bring the car in for them to check it out.

My question is twofold. Does the sensor need to be calibrated and is there a check that can be done on the old and new sensor to see if they are bad. Thanks

The dealer told me that I needed a new throttle position sensor. With the help of this site I decided to do the job myself. After purchasing the part from the dealer I installed the sensor. When I started the car the idle was racing up and down. I put the old sensor back in and it sounds fine.

I called the dealer and the parts guy sent my call to the shop. I asked if the sensor needed to be calibrated or if there was a test to see if the sensor was bad. Of course he stated that I needed to bring the car in for them to check it out.

My question is twofold. Does the sensor need to be calibrated and is there a check that can be done on the old and new sensor to see if they are bad. Thanks

I would make sure the new TPS is the same as the old one. I put in a new TPS, never had any problems, there's no calibration at all. Hope it helps.