Lx470 - I Want To Watch Live Tv

cwolf78

I am looking to buy a kit that allows me to watch live tv on my nav screen. I have done the DVD bypass and that worked great... has anyone out there tried the kit from Lextasy ? Is there any alternative ? or is that the best kit going ?

Thanks !

• 4 months later...

I am looking to buy a kit that allows me to watch live tv on my nav screen. I have done the DVD bypass and that worked great... has anyone out there tried the kit from Lextasy ? Is there any alternative ? or is that the best kit going ?

Thanks !

What year is your lx470?

Thanks !

What year is your lx470?

Thanks !

Hi~ I am also a Lexus GS300 ('06) owner from Taiwan. After reading the instruction posted in the other thead about how to bypass the DVD restriction, I am really interested to try it out myself. But, before I wanna do so, I would appreciate very much if you could help me to clear some of the questions I have related to the modification.

1. One of the bypass instruction reads: Use a ring terminal and an 18 awg wire to connect the monitor side of the yellow wire to chassis ground. What does this mean? (I am sorry for my liguistic limitation here, as I am going to ask a local car stereo guys to do it for me, so, I would have to make sure I am passing on the right instruction.) What is a ring terminal ? or an 18 awg wire? what does it mean to connect the wire to chassis ground?

I figure the best way to show this is if anyone can kindly post the "finished" look of the layouts when the bypass is done.

2. After you have done the bypass, is your ASL feature of your stereo still working? ASL is the feature whereby the stereo would automatically compensate for any loss of sound quality or volume when car is traveling at high speed.

I would appreciate once again for your help.

Cheers,

:wacko::wacko: