Well, I Finally Did It...got My 2000 Ls!

lexusnutt

Hey everyone,

I originally bought a '95 LS a year ago...loved it so much and after reading this board, decided to look for a 2000. Was looking everywhere from ebay to Auto Trader for about 3 months but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Silver / Gray interior

Traction control

<50K miles, One owner with full records

<$20,000

Not too much to ask for, right?? Wrong! Seems the 2000 year was getting scarcer and scarcer (probably because of the LS460 arrival) Either they were in an accident or generally looked beaten up.

Last week, while perusing Auto Trader and looking up the VIN in CarFax, I scrolled to the bottom and there was a "Hot Listing" of my eventual baby! Only 43K miles! I went to the dealer that night and got the price down from $24,995 to $21,300 (told the salesman I would not pay a penny over KBB PPY value).

Anyway, it was a little more than I wanted to pay, but the car in in mint condition all the way down to the new car smell. My son gets my '95 and everyone is happy! Lexus and CarFax rocks!

Cheers!

post-21681-1158719902_thumb.jpg post-21681-1158719920_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments guys...

It's 1 week later and can't stop staring at her. Hoping to hold this for 5 years until I can afford a 460!

LS03, you're right about the Nav... It was on my list too! I finally had to give in to the mileage...

Cheers,

Chaz