Stuff To Do At 110k Miles

WeatherDon

My '98 SC400 has 110k mi. and I am going to Lex dealer next week for timing belt & water pump change. While there I am also going to have them replace the fuel filter, serpentine belt, replace the power steering fluid and clean the filter(s). I did recently change out the trans. and diff. fluids. Is there anything else that should be replaced, inspected or changed while there? FYI: I bought the car about 2 years ago with 87k mi and I don't know what preventative maintenance was done before I got it.

Hi there,

My 93 model has 95000 miles and right now, as we speak she is in the dealers shop for the 90K check. I have to tell you, this thing sounds very thorough as it takes about two days to complete. Maybe more for me as I have some defered repairs being done as well.

At this dealership the 90K major maintence is priced at 1250 without the water pump. They add another couple of hundred for that.

One downer is that anything you need done is pretty damned expensive on parts.

Water pump is 685

Steering pump is 805

Right window track is over a thousand.

Lexus really hoses you on this stuff.

My '98 SC400 has 110k mi. and I am going to Lex dealer next week for timing belt & water pump change. While there I am also going to have them replace the fuel filter, serpentine belt, replace the power steering fluid and clean the filter(s). I did recently change out the trans. and diff. fluids. Is there anything else that should be replaced, inspected or changed while there? FYI: I bought the car about 2 years ago with 87k mi and I don't know what preventative maintenance was done before I got it.

Spark Plugs, spark plug wires, distributor caps & rotors, air filter, pcv valve & grommet, throttle body cleaning, coolant flush, inspect/replace fan fluid, brake fluid change, inspect mounts (especially transmission mount) water pump, timing belt tensioners, idler pulley, inspect power steering for leaks. Inspect suspension (especially lower control arms and ball joints), wiper blades, A/C cabin filter, thermostat, radiator hoses, inspect for coolant leaks at top of the radiator and coolant reserve tank, inspect gas cap gasket, You can also give them the car's Vin number and if the car was serviced at a Lexus dealer they should be able to print out all the service history for you. If you have the money you can have them inspect the car for around $95 and then they will give you a list of things that may need to be done. Thats a pretty long list of things that may be needed. I'm not trying to state in any way that all those things need to be done, but they should be inspected at least to make sure. You could probably inspect alot or do alot of those things yourself. Lexus dealers charge alot of money for everything. Big money for even the smallest things.